Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Engagement!!!!

This is from a Letter Jed sent his Brother Jake who is on a mission in Africa explaining the proposal... Jed's Words, Lexxy's Comments.

Jacobs!!

So I know that I was gonna hit you up and let you know about take'n things to the next level.... Thangs got spontaneous and your older brotha dropped to one knee less than 48 hours ago!!! It's Crazy brotha... I don't know when it will really hit... but I am so excited!!! Lexxy and I are engaged!!! June 4th is the day Broheim!!!

I wanted to totally catch her off guard so that she would never see it coming. When he picked me up I had awoke from a cat nap and didn't even fluff the hair or spray perfume before leaving the apartment! I've had Colt and Ricketts and others kind of give her the hint that I wasn't going to ask until her birthday March 2nd.


So I took Lexxy's dad out for lunch last friday (Jan 22) to ask him for their blessing and consent in asking for Lex's hand in marriage. It was a neat experience with Kelly...I've been able to build a great relationship with him and her mom, Patti. Kelly and Patti are so Awesome and I love spending time with them. They are great people and the church is a big part of their life. Kelly has a really good friend that owns a diamond shop so a few days later i was in there look'n for the Rock! :) I was ready to do the deed!


Lexxy and I have talked about marriage for a little bit and initially talked about getting married in early June. I knew the Temples were filling up for that time and so I talked to Lexxy's mom and I sest up the date in the Draper Temple for June 4th. After doing that, I told Lex that June was completely full and that we would probably have to do it in July or August. I told her we had a date for July 2nd, this really bummed her out - she was so excited for a June 4th wedding. Everybody played this date up.


When we first started dating we would meet at that carpool parking lot off the Highland/Alpine exit. It's kind of been "our spot." It was where we first kissed and we have had a few moments there :) :)


January 29th 2010


So the day I picked up the ring was the day that I decided to seal the deal! Cam went with me to pick up the rock. I text lex earlier that we were probably going to meet Ricketts up at "our spot" there in the parking lot for dinner and a movie. She obviously had no idea what was go'n on... She thought it was just another night. We got to "our spot" there in the parking lot and I drove around looking for a secluded spot in the corner of the parking lot. After parking and sitting there "waiting for Ricketts" I started to talk to Lex about how our relationship has been a journey through it's ups and downs and that I was grateful for where we were at. At that point I pulled a framed, hand-written letter that I prepared earlier that told her how much she means to me. I handed that to her and she read it ( I had to get the juices flow's right :)) (I wish you could all read what he wrote, It's so awesome and I feel so lucky to have Jed, I was touched by the letter I couldn't let him sit there unkissed!) I then, non-chalantly told her that I needed to grab my wallet out of the back. At that point she was occupied with the letter and i Grabbed a couple prepared items in the back of the 4Runner.


**A little inside joke: One time we were walking by Victoria's Secret and Lex asked me if I liked lingerie... (It's a legit question I think haha) I said, "I actually would just prefer a basketball jersey!" :)

We've referenced to the jersey multiple times in relation to our marriage. So I had a Miami Heat Dwayne Wade Jersey in the back with a letter from the church that confirms our sealing and Lex's endowment in the Draper Temple (June 4th haha). I grabbed both and went around to the passenger side and opened Lex's door. We kissed for a few and then I busted out the Jersey. She was way excited and kind of didn't know what to think :) (I was so confused of what was going on! I love the Jersey though and I have my letter hanging up :)) Her arms went vertical and I slipped it over her head - She wore it the whole rest of the night! :) We then kissed some more for a little bit. Then I dropped to one knee... She immediately put both hands over her mouth in surprise and was in freeze mode for a good 5 seconds. (Haha I could not believe this was happening, I was totally caught off guard in surprise!) Then i began to say Lex's full name... Before I could even finish her name Lex did a full on leap launching herself into the air at me (do remember I am on the ground and haven't even finished her name :) (As if he would expect me to wait patiently as he asked me to marry him.. to think he would know me by now :))

We sat there for about 5 minutes as she was jumping out of her bones... seriously couldn't contain herself! :) It was so awesome!! I loved how excited she was - made me feel so good inside. After we kind of calmed down, I told Lex that there was one more thing... I then handed her the letter from the church. She began reading as I awaited her locating the unexpected date (June 4th) As soon as she saw it... She went BALLISTIC!!! That was the kicker... she was just so excited that we don't have to wait for July! She then Immediately said... "Ricketts better not be coming!" I reassured her that he wasn't and that it was our night! :) We then went to "The Roof" Gourmet Buffet restaurant at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building that over looks the Salt Lake Temple.

It couldn't have been a better night Jake! It was perfect! Lex and I had a blast. She had no idea it was coming... We will always remember that night!

This was so amazing, Jed pulled this off so perfectly! I am so happy that we do not have to wait until July to be sealed to each other. Four months will fly by but I just can't wait! We're both so excited to be apart of each others families and to start our own! :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay....so I saw that you posted your blog on facebook and I had to check it out. Goooooo Jed!!! What a sweetheart, so thoughtful and romantic. I'm so happy for you two, you are perfect for one another. I added you to my blog list so we can be blog buddies!! Congrats on your engagement. Marriage is the BEST!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

RSS Subscribe

Search