Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Our First Dates...

We had our first date in Orem at PF Changs to enjoy one of Jed's Favorite dishes, Shrimp with candid walnuts and Honey Dew Mellon and Sesame Beef with Broccoli. Who knows what we talked about, probably foods. After that we went to Fat Cats for a game of Pool, we probably don't even need to tell you who dominated that game right because we all know Lex did... So anyways... Jed took Lex home around 11:00, little did Lex know what she was getting into when it came to sleep because Jed does not believe in a 6-7 hour night he takes sporadic naps throughout the week.. week not day...but he does have a tendency to sit down for 5 minutes and be out like a light! It's really a talent.

* Lexxy's First Impressions of Jed *

The guy I was hanging out with was Jed's roommate and Jed was also his Boss at work and this guy would tell me how chill Jed was and that he was such a spiritual guy so I was pretty curious to meet Jed. I finally had the chance to meet him at a gas station in Orem somewhere, some friends and I were on our way home from soaking in the hot pots and stopped for drinks and gas and he happened to be there with some friends and we were introduced. The first thing Jed said to me was in comment to my green eyes, that little rascal how dare he (haha) no "Hi." no shake of the hands, no nothin!

When I first saw him though I had remembered everything his roommate told me about him (Boss man, spiritual, chill) but no one told me he was strong and tall! So not only am I not wearing heels but I am intimidated because he's so young playin' Boss man at work, (which tells me he's goal oriented and a hard worker) that he's cool cause he likes to just chill and relax but I am also intimidated because he's a spiritual guy (For those that don't know me, 4 months previous to meeting Jed I had been living in China for 4 months teaching English to Children and had a huge spiritual change thanks to the friends I had with me) and for someone wanting that knowledge of the church it's pretty intimidating meeting someone who is just an enormous spiritual rock!

When he asked me on our first date months later I was excited to really get to know Jed but I am the type of person who likes to know what, when and why a person would say or do something. I pick things apart and then think way to much about it, so for our first few dates together I didn't think to much about anything that happened because I didn't want to think something that wasn't anything at all! I couldn't really tell you anything that happened. Sorry Jed. It was for the better! There is one thing I remember though, whenever he picked me up for the night he would never compliment on the way I looked and my mom always stressed to me how important that was in relationships. So after wondering for weeks if Jed thought I was cute or not I finally asked him, (in a frustrated tone) "Jed, you never say I'm cute. Do you think I'm cute?"

(Jed) "I wouldn't be taking you on dates if I didn't think so."

(Lex) "That doesn't truly answer my question, I must hear you say it to know it."

(Jed) "Ya Lex, I Do."

(Lex) "You do what?"

(Jed) "Think that."

(Lex) "Think what?"

(Jed) "You're cute."

(Lex) "Really? Thanks Jed."

(Do you remember this Jed? I can't believe it was so hard for you to say!)

* Jed's First Impressions of Lexxy *

Paragraph in Construction!!!

(He probably just thought I was the bomb...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

RSS Subscribe

Search